Oct 16, 2010

Darwin in regards to animal species

In my past blog post I wrote about how I disagreed with Darwin's theory in regards to humans, but I wanted to also post a little something on how his theory is correct with animal species.

I found a Prezi presentation online where a student illustrated how the principle works and why it does using examples.  The link to her slide show is: http://prezi.com/94pngjo2t1fp/prezi-assignment/.  I particularly enjoyed seeing the images she displayed of the evolution of panda bears, elephants, and giraffes and wrote a short excerpt on each one.  Giraffes most likely had shorter necks but those with longer necks could reach more food from the trees to survive over those that were simply out of luck.  Pandas with small jaws in the past had a harder time eating bamboo so those with larger jaws ended up with the advantage and lived better and longer and eventually became dominant and superior.

Anyways, thought you might like the random information.  Enjoy!

1 comment:

kristina Cummins said...

Nice work! You talked about the material, did self-directed learning and connected with someone else's info. This helps me! Thanks.