Oct 22, 2010

Created Game

I decided to create a game a few years ago when I was informed of a simple platform to use.  That simple platform ended up taking me about 6 hours to learn, but I was able to gain a lot of knowledge in regards to video game terminology such as sprites, objects, and controllers.

Although this game could use some improvement and documentation/instructions, it's pretty self explanatory.  The objective is to collect the stationary objects on the screen while dodging the ones that move.

The platform/software is GameMakerPro and it may be downloaded for free from yoyogames.com.

The improvements I'd make would be:
add a timing element for bonus points
Increase the size of the point scale reading and lives remaining
Give the Bear additional properties such as shields, firepower, and slow-motion
I would increase the size of the levels and add more rooms.

If you play it let me know what you think.  I've had a few friends play it and it's kind of fun!

Oh, the link below sends you to the yoyogames.com site and allows you to download the game in the format where you need the actual GameMakerPro software to run it.  I created an executable for it here which should allow you to download and play it without needing the software.  Let me know if it doesn't work though:  http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4431965/surviver.exe
YoYoGames
Chuckthebear
Added: 22 October 2010
By: daniel42386

No comments: